Sunday 16 May 2021

Grace Kinstler, ‘American Idol’: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Grace Kinstler has made it to the Top 5 on “American Idol”, and now, she’s vying to be crowned the winner of the reality singing competition series.

The frontrunner has won America over with her vocal chops and genuine personality, and it’s up to America to decide whether the 20-year-old will take home the trophy.

But what do we know about Grace? Where does she study and how has she made a name for herself in the world of music?

Here’s what you need to know about Grace Kinstler:


1. She Is a Student at Berklee College of Music

 

Kinstler is currently a student at Berklee College of Music.

For her initial audition on “Idol”, she sang “Midnight Train to Georgia” followed by “Natural Woman”.

The judges’ reactions were more than positive, with Perry telling Kinstler that “there’s not a whole lot of critiquing I need to do.” Luke Bryan not only teared up during the audition, but he likened it to that of Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson


2. Her Father Passed Away in 2020

Grace’s father, Mitchell, passed away in February 2020 at the age of 64.

Before her initial audition on the show, Kinstler shared with Ryan Seacrest that her father was her “biggest cheerleader,” and she used to watch “Idol” with her parents as a kid.

In an interview with the Boston Globe, Kinstler shared, “My dad had cancer twice. [Music] was always an outlet for me.”

She learned of her father passing unexpectedly in February of last year, while at school. Kinstler told the outlet, “I was at Berklee. It was like 7 a.m. and college kids, we usually sleep in. But something told me to pick up the phone. My brother was like, ‘Hey, you should start looking for flights home today. They just took dad to the hospital and he’s not breathing.’”

She said her father was “always the one who was like, ‘Don’t let obstacles and sadness stop you from achieving anything in your life.”


3. She Has Performed at a Chicago Bulls Game

In January 2020, Kinstler performed at a Chicago Bulls Game- and that is just one accolade on her list of many.

In 2016, she won first place in the “Musical Theater High School” category of a national vocal competition, according to Stars Offline.


4. She Has a Boyfriend

One look at Grace’s Instagram account reveals that she is in a relationship with a man named Joseph Wheatley.

In a recent Instagram post, Wheatley wrote, “I’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished and who you are. I’ve never met anyone quite like you; I’m a lucky guy❤️”

According to Stars Offline, the two have been officially in a relationship since November 2019.

Wheatley’s Instagram shows that he is a musician and a student at Northeastern University.


5. She Is an Inspiration To Young Girls and Women Everywhere

Grace has been an icon of strength and confidence for young girls everywhere.

As outlined by Mass Live, after Kinstler sang as part of Disney Night, rocking a tight-fitted dress, trolls online began body-shaming her. Since then, hundreds of thousands came to her support.

When Kinstler spoke to the outlet, she said, “They want people to stick to like the old norms of if you’re plus size you can’t do this because you don’t fit the mold or you shouldn’t wear this. I don’t agree with that.”

She added of the dress she sang “Frozen” in, “I like to wear things that I feel good in. I think I look nice, so I like to share that.”

Kinstler finished, “There are a lot of people who appreciate the message that I’m sending for their kids and their daughters. Even older women have reached out to me saying, ‘I am 40 years old but I still look up to you because I wish I had that confidence. You’re making me regain my confidence.’ And that means the world to me.”

“American Idol” airs Sundays on ABC at 5 p.m. Pacific Time, 8 p.m. Eastern time.

READ NEXT: Caleb Kennedy: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know


No comments:

Post a Comment