Here are my final thoughts on Raw and SmackDown’s second and final evening of WrestleMania 37 action!
“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (with Alexa Bliss) vs. Randy Orton
Reactions: WHOA! Randy Orton went all-in on them new tights, I see. I need that color scheme to be his default one in WWE 2K22, fam. And while I haven’t given a damn about “The Fiend” in a good while, I gotta admit – his entrance was pretty dope. But for the love of God, why did they bring back the gimmicky red lights that EVERYONE HATED? LIKE, WHY?
The match itself had some decent moments here and there, but it was so hard to get into most of it because of the silliness attached to it. The God-awful red lighting, Bray Wyatt’s lame-duck no-sell act, and all the BS Alexa Bliss delivered that lead to the stupid finish really did a terrible number on this one. Pretty crazy how I wasn’t all that enamored with both openers for WrestleMania 37 this year…
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Natalya and Tamina (WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship)
Reactions: For a match that featured a group of ladies I have no interest in and a pair of belts that are practically meaningless to me, I sure had a good time watching this unfold. It was pretty obvious that everyone went out of their way to go that much harder than they usually do, which is why we got some super stiff strikes from Shayna Baszler and even a top rope crossbody splash from Nia Jax of all people.
As for their opponents, Natalya and Tamina pulled off some impressive maneuvers of their own. Tamina channeled Hulk Hogan from WrestleMania 3 when she shockingly body slammed Nia, while Natalya took a ton of brutal offense and kept on coming for more. I’m sure you all noticed how swollen Natalya’s lips got after she ate a nasty kick from Shayna. We ended up getting a hot ending to bring this match to a close, so I came away from this tag team war impressed by everyone and everything involved.
Rating: 3 & a Half out of 5 Stars
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn (with Logan Paul)
Reactions: Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are so used to putting their amazing chemistry on display whenever they happen to be competing for the same wrestling fed. I’m sure they prepped themselves before this matchup to raise their game to a new level for their first-ever singles meeting at WrestleMania. And thankfully, both men put on a clinic that kicked ass and then some. Like Night 1’s quality bout between Seth Rollins and Cesaro, this match showcased two members of the midcard that can always be counted on to put on a banger.
From the very start, we got some incredibly impactful moves. And as it wore on, Sami and Kevin pulled out their most vicious moves in a bid to destroy each other. Sami went specialty suplex and Brainbuster crazy, while Kevin dished out some sick Superkicks and a few debilitating suplexes of his own. This match kept a frantic pace throughout, gave me the impression that either man could walk away with the win, and made both competitors look great. I even gotta hand it to Logan Paul for selling that Stunner from Kevin like it was pure death. As you can probably tell, I loved this.
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Riddle (c) vs. Sheamus (WWE United States Championship)
Reactions:
Rating: out of 5 Stars
Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews (Nigerian Drum Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Reactions:
Rating: out of 5 Stars
Asuka (c) vs. Rhea Ripley (WWE Raw Women’s Championship)
Reactions:
Rating: out of 5 Stars
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan (Triple Threat Match for the WWE Universal Championship)
Reactions:
Rating: out of 5 Stars
Match of the Night
Final Verdict
Final Score: out of 5 Stars
Update: check out our review for Night 1 of WWE WrestleMania 37 right here.
Click here to see if our WWE WrestleMania 37 predictions came true!


No comments:
Post a Comment